“Smoke on the Water” is by far the most played guitar riff. In this lesson, not only will I show you how to play it the right way, I’ll talk about why it’s so popular and what makes it so catchy. I’ll also show you several popular ways of learning it that are fun, easy, and sound good. We’ll take a look at reading inverted power chords, off-beat rhythms, and basic fretboard navigation. (Note: the notation and tab versions of the riff can be found in the PDF).
View or Download the PDF here: http://bit.ly/SmokePDF
In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- How to read the main riff to “Smoke on the Water” three different ways!
- The popular method of learning it.
- The way it was originally recorded.
- A simplified version for new or young guitar players.
- Inverted Power Chords
- Off-beat rhythms
- Basic Fretboard Navigation
For more on note reading, be sure to check out The Missing Method for Guitar Note Reading Series.
For more video lessons, click here, and for monthly updates on new videos and publications by The Missing Method for Guitar, scroll down to sign up for our monthly newsletter.